Re: Warning: Digital Question

From: Phillip Murphy (pmurf@bellsouth.net)
Date: 12/02/02-05:25:13 PM Z

Hi Sandy,

I use Vuescan and Silverfast and find them both equally useful.
Genuine Fractals Print Pro 2.5 can be found on the LizardTech site.
http://www.lizardtech.com
(MrSid is part of a different package now)
The need for extending the dynamic range would depend on the negative material
used and it's inherent Gamma.
For an example of situations that would require a greater dynamic range, try
Paul Debevec's site: http://www.debevec.org/Research/HDR/
Use high bit scanning when possible: 16bit mode if you're using B&W materials.

best regards,

Phillip