RE: toning VDB & kalli - 2 questions

rurmonas@senet.com.au
Date: 12/04/02-03:23:57 AM Z

Quoting Liam Lawless <liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>:

> Yet another possible complication comes from the chlorides usually present
> in tap water

Good point, I did not think of that one.

> Do let us know what happens...

Of course!

I did a "proof of concept" test last night. Found that
both the polysulphide toner (no bleaching step) and also
thiourea toner (bleach - redevelop) result in much lighter
tones, hence some form of etching / reduction is taking
place. The polysulphide toner emits sulphurous fumes, so
my next plan is to place a VDB on a platform over the toner
(in a sealed box) and let the humid sulphorous environment
work away for a week. Hope to get that set up tonight.
So the results are at least a week away.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas
rurmonas@senet.com.au