Diffusion chamber construction

From: John (john@darkroompro.com)
Date: 12/07/02-05:13:55 PM Z

Hi,

        As some of you know I purchased a Durst 138S with a CLS 301 dichroic color
head some time ago. The enlarger had been used in a studio in California for
wall-sized enlargements and probably in a rather industrial environment. IOW it
needs a good CLA !

        To that end I've removed, disassembled and cleaned the color head and now
I'm starting to work on the chassis and negative stage.This system has the
removable diffusion chambers that are supposed to funnel the light onto the
negative and fit into the chassis right above the film stage. My thought is to
eliminate the slide-in diffusion chambers and simply use the box where the are
normally inserted as the chamber. That chamber is currently painted flat black
but I would line it with foam-core.

        Has anyone ever tried this ? Also, I'm looking for a good diffusion plate
to place above the negative. Any recommendations ?

Regards,

John S. Douglas - Photographer, Webmaster & Computer Tech
        Website --- http://www.darkroompro.com