Re: 4x5 cambo camera question

From: Wind Point (windpoint@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/11/02-04:17:47 PM Z

It's good for studio work but not so good for outdoors. A field camera has
less movements but isn't as fragil and is easier to carry around. All 4x5
cameras will work about the same. Just be sure the bellows is good. It's
the lens thats important and expensive. A 90mm or 120mm is a good lens to
start. I've seen lots of "old" lens on ebay that will be fine. I bought a
Schnieder super ang 120 lens and it's great. Even as a wide angle it's so
sharp I can enlarge a small portion of the negative and get a great print.
It also covers so well I can raise the front of the camera more than 3
inches and there is no cut off of the image. It's easy to make a pinhole
lensboard for a 4x5 also. There are always film holders on ebay. A good
4x5 enlarger that is always on ebay is the Omega D-2. Inexpensive and a
real workhorse. Makes fine prints with a cold light installed. Take your
time and the advice of ebay rule bid last and bid once is good advice.