Re: Just how does one see DIFFERENT

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 12/18/02-10:56:07 AM Z

Jack,
     (Can you tell I am avoiding grading?)I have totally related to this
thread all along. In fact, there is a student doing senior thesis now that
is standing in the same place taking, with a telephoto lens, the same shot
of the same landscape. He takes each shot focusing on each element in the
landscape so as to get a series of pictures of the landscape that are all
sharp from foreground to mountain. Then he is layering these all in one
image, strongly vertical, in Photoshop, to get a unified landscape with
everything sharp. He is reducing atmospheric perspective in the distance by
filtering out blue, brightening colors. He is trying to end up with the
flattened perspective of a Japanese or Chinese image/scroll/woodblock. It
is subtle. I see all kinds of other ideas to try in this project, one being
to use different focal lengths at the same spot and combining those--harder
to do. But a cow could be slightly humongous in the foreground, for
example.
Chris