RE: Toning Albumen with Platinum or Palladium?

From: Breukel, C. (HKG) (C.Breukel@lumc.nl)
Date: 12/20/02-04:41:51 AM Z

I tried sending this yesterday, but I did not see it on the list, so again:

Hi David,

I see no reason why one cannot tone a Albumen print with Pt or Pd. But
the problem with yellowing highlights of albumen prints has to do with
the fact that you cannot fix out all the unexposed Silverchloride. It
seems that the silverchloride forms a chemical bond with the albumine.
See for a detailed description O'Reilly's book on albumen and salt
printing. It's on the web, do a search for it.

Best,

Cor