I disagree Re: Tele landscape

From: Jon (fotonerd@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/20/02-09:27:57 PM Z

> I think long focal lengths (lens or pinhole) more
> accurately reproduce how the human eye works when we
> look at a landscape: the combination of our focused

But by using a telephoto you are removing the most critical element of
experiencing a landscape.

When I am in a landscape I can look and see all that which is around me.
Also I can do just as you described when viewing a wide angle photograph.
I can pick a point in the distance and 'zoom' in on it.

But once you use a telephoto you are restricting this inherent quality of
a landscape.