more questions about Printers and Scanning!

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/22/02-08:26:42 PM Z

so i have yet more questions!

first of all, i'm thinking about investing in an 11x14 printer. i really
don't know where to begin my thinking/research when it comes to figuring
out what printer to get. i am on a slight budget. i want to print negatives
on acetate for gums and cyanotypes at this point. i plan on doing VDB in
the near future. and salted paper prints. just to give you an idea of what
kind of negatives i'm looking to print.

i would like to be able to get some pretty good detail in my negatives.

i don't know what other information to give. what does everyone else on the
list use?

and on scanning. i want to get a scanner with which i can scan from 35mm to
4x5 negs. anyone know anything about the Nikon LS-4500AF? any competitor
scanners that may be better?

thanks in advance,

Steve

--- Steve Bell
--- Veracity000@earthlink.net
--- "We have...become our own thought police; but instead of calling the
process by which we limit our own expression of
     dissent and wonder 'censorship', we call it 'concern for commercial
viability'." -David Mamet