Re: Photo History Site

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 12/26/02-11:38:58 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Bolt" <dickbolt@his.com>
Cc: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 6:48 AM
Subject: Photo History Site

> I haven't been on this list for several years !My Photo
History Site is at:
> http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~dickbolt/index.html
> I just added a Vectograph link with sample of 1938 giant
Vectograph add that hung
> at Grand Central Station.
>
> I also just added in my College Year Book link ( early
Salt Print History), some
> of the data taken in 1974 for future report.
>
> Dick in MD
> PS-Does anyone know what happened to the old list abt.
Photo History ? Was out of
> a Texas College. I think it reformed ?

  The Photo History list was discontinued because the list
owner was threatened with law suits by a couple of the list
memebers over what they considered slanders occuring over
the list. In fact, they started a feud on both the history
list and on the alternative processes list. While the
threats were probably empty the people making them were
evidently so nasty that the list owner decided to close it
down rather than have to deal with the stuff going on off
list. I don't know if another list was started. There was
some talk of it before the list closed. There is certainly
need for such a list and I think it was a tradgedy the
original was forced to close down.
  I've changed computers since the old list closed. Whatever
I have left of the old list is on the old machine and not
easily accessible.
  I will certainly have a look at your site.
  You are not by any chance the Richard Bolt of Bolt,
Beranek and Newman?

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA