Re: Papers for Platinum Printing

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 12/31/02-08:54:24 AM Z

Carl:

Have you ever tried the di-sodium EDTA first clearing bath that Ware
recommends? I've been using it for about a year, and its acidity seems
to make the first bath do most of the 'heavy lifting', and the next two
HCA baths last a lot longer. It has an acidic pH, and according to
Ware, clears the unused ferric from the paper more efficiently than the
basic pH of HCA. Artrcraft sells the stuff along with the normal
tetra-sodium version. Citric probably is achieving the same thing.

Clay