Re: dichromate toxicity and remediation

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 01/13/02-04:40:27 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> It is chains of complex polysaccharides, not amino acids, which
> crosslink to harden, or insolubleize, the colloid.

Clarification:
I was speaking here of gum rather than of colloids in general, since the
discussion had been about gum printing. I don't know much about the
makeup of other colloids but it certainly seems possible from a
theoretical standpoint that amino acids could be involved in the
crosslinking in processes involving gelatin, casein, and albumen. And
maybe that's the key to the questions we've struggled with before, about
differences between gum and other processes. Just a thought...

Katharine Thayer