RE: Na2PtCl6

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/26/02-09:03:06 AM Z

Witho,
 Very interesting. I'm particularly surprised that you report reduced
printing times when using Na2PtCl6. This is the reverse of what I see. Do I
understand you correctly?

I don't normally use LiPd when printing DOP. It must add another variable
to what we are seeing. I haven't varied from using a mix of Na2PdCl4 and
Na2PtCl6 for DOP. In this combination, Na2PtCl6 gives me slightly increased
print times, a contrast boost, and seems to give brighter whites.

It's very intriguing what Carl and Jeffrey say about using lithium and
potassium salts of Pd for DOP. I need to try this!

Linas

ml

> of sensitize.What I found was that it compresses the darker values in the

> print. The get the same dark tones as in a print without Cl6 I had to
reduce

> my printing time. The faster printing time gives the impression of a
harder

> print. As far as I could see the lighter values in the print were almost
not