Re: Why Use Platinum? (Snob it up)

From: Juan de Andres (pepekubrick@terra.es)
Date: 01/27/02-08:09:54 AM Z

Certainly pigment processes can compete on the snobbishness level of
Pt/Pd by using more pricey pigments.
[http://www.iconofile.com/pigments.asp]
Fancy words like lazurite, vivianite, malachite and volkonskoite
are more chic sounding than platinum, specially in a gallery opening;
(the last one is better pronounced with a mouthful of apéritifs).

If amber is just hardened tree resin, and gum arabic is acacia resin...
then gum prints are (technically) hardened amber prints;
That should level the price of a gum print with platinum,
mix it with some vivianite and the price should double and
throw in some bugs and the price triples. That's a T.K.O. for Pt.
Juan