Primitive Photography Book

DENNIS@klink47.freeserve.co.uk
Date: 01/27/02-09:21:46 AM Z

Primitive Photography A Guide To Making Cameras,Lenses,and Calotypes
Published by Focal Press Author Alan Greene
ISBN o-240-80461-9
Having just read this book I can recommend it to the intrepid experimenters on this list.It has five chapters 1/The Film Holder. 2/ The Camera Body 3/ The Lens 4/ Calotype Paper Negatives 5/ Salt Prints By Development. With an Appendix for Sources of Supply US only and a Bibliography

The Author has done much research to make this book possible and it is very much a DIY Book where all the items needed can be made from scratch. When looking at the Photographs it reminded me of an Aperture book I was reading recently called French Primitive Photography they have that wonderful rustic quality. At first I thought publishing a book of this type in the Digital age a Folly but I am sure I will be proved wrong.

Dennis Klinker