Re: autochrome research

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 01/30/02-05:34:41 PM Z

> I've just become interested in autochrome, and wonder if anyone knows
> of any
> period photography books that might have talked about the process. Even
> better would be some period manual with the full process detailed. If
> anyone
> has any ideas on where I could look, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Devon John <tbidjohn@mindspring.com>

You might contact Martin Reed at Silverprint who may still be on this mail
list, otherwise you can no doubt reach him at Silverprint. He has done a
lot of work on autochrome and published something a year or two back in
Ag+ photographic.

(www.silverprint.co.uk)

I think there is a web site with the Russian stuff on it somewhere - or at
least was.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com