RE: Arches Platine

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/31/02-09:59:09 PM Z

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Liam Lawless wrote:

> My guess is not. I may be wrong, but expect that the spots are due to
> increased translucence from deeper absorption of the liquid at the spotty
> sites. Probably won't show under an image, but I doubt they'll still be
> there. Do a test on a small piece.

This isn't just Arches Platine, and not just from oxalic, or whatever.
Some papers get translucent spots being sized for gelatin & possibly
reappear in development. The reason I can't say which, is because -- at
least for gum -- the spots are NOT detectable in the dry paper, or in the
print. Of course there might be some residual effect in other media.
But... odds are there won't be. So go figure.

Judy