Re: Gum over Kallitype with Pyro negative

From: Breukel, C (HKG) (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 07/03/02-02:30:40 AM Z

 "Katharine Thayer" <kthayer@pacifier.com> wrote (some snipping):
Hi Cor,
My interest has been in seeing a straight gum print from a pyro
negative. ..
but the gum layers of the ones I've seen don't look like a gum print to
me, but like a layer of colored gum laid down on the previous print...

.I indeed did not print a straigth gum from thr Pyro neg, I used the gum
layer to "fill in" the highlights/midtones of a deliberately
underexposed kallitype. The gum coat does more than adding colour, it
does reveal mid/highlight detail which was not present in the initial
Kallitype print..

Best

Cor