Re: Powerful UV point source

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 07/11/02-01:01:07 PM Z

When I ran tests originally (comparing the Olec 1250 and 1261 bulbs), the
1261 metal halide (actually a sodium vapor lamp) was about a full stop
faster than the 1250 for platinum/palladium.

You can see Olec's spectral output charts for the two bulbs at the
following URLs:

http://www.olec.com/graphicarts/OLEC_SpectramatchTM_Lamps/SpectramatchTM_Di
azo_Photopoly/spectramatchtm_diazo_photopoly.html

http://www.olec.com/graphicarts/OLEC_SpectramatchTM_Lamps/SpectramatchTM_Ph
otopolymer_La/spectramatchtm_photopolymer_la.html

The 5000W 1261 at two feet above the vacuum frame provides exposures
hovering around one minute for imagesetter negs and one and a half
minutes for inkjet negs on pt/pd.

Hope this helps!

Dan

You said in your message...