Re: DIY ground glass

From: John Cremati (johnjohnc@core.com)
Date: 07/11/02-02:05:05 PM Z

I have had etched glass problems where the etching was contaminated by a
silicon solution the glazers used while caulking the glass in place and
discoloring the image.... I had to refinish the glass etching process in
each case...I tried acetone, strong detergents . Silicon is a problem that
my be far beyond the scope what you may have to deal with....

      A friend of mine recently ordered a cleaner for his 100 plus year old
building as the glass was horribly stained and discolored... The stuff was
amazing as it made the glass look almost new even removing the light frosted
haze on the portions of the glass created by 100 years of a heavy industrial
environment in Cleveland Ohio........He purchased the special cleaner from
C.R.Laurence Co. Inc. ....