Re: DIY ground glass

CCBaggett@aol.com
Date: 07/12/02-02:59:59 PM Z

I bought #500 from them to make a replacement glass for my Wisner 7x17 back
and it worked fine. I am not at home and don't remember whether it was graded
or ungraded. I think graded. I made two and we used the plate glass base I
purchased at a craft store as a small table top. I made two GGs to have a
spare. All in all including evening out the plate glass it took about an
hour. The procedures I used were in a recent issue of View Camera Magazine in
an article on restoring wooden view cameras. Pretty straight forward.
Cheers,
Charlie

n a message dated 7/11/2002 2:59:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,