Re: [pinhole-discussion] HP5+ and LONG development times

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 07/17/02-08:18:51 AM Z

Hello Shannon, HP5 by it's nature has a fair bit of base density. If you
want/need a very thin base, you may be better off with another film. Using
it at 3200 is almost certainly going to harm your low end (shadow)
separation! I use it at 160 for alt. Also remember that with pinhole you (I)
get a bit of flare, so truly thin base (shadow) values are difficult to get
with any film.

As for development, I find using a stronger than recommended developer
dilution the "trick" with HP5. I typically use HC-110 developer. It's
"normal" strength is 30ml per liter. For Cyanotype I use 40 or 50ml per
liter (depending on the scene, zone system normal or plus).

--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com