Re: T-MAX

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 07/20/02-04:02:11 PM Z

DEAR RICHARD,
    Again, the question of resolution (discerning fine detail) and acutance
(perception of sharpness resulting from exaggerated edges) are two different
things...and edge effects, whether produced by pyro or any other developer,
do enhance acutance.
    Another reason that tanning developers are not used in some applications
is that the tanning creates phase shifts (on the microimage and
microdensitometric scales) due to the different thicknesses of the emulsion
and this can distort results.
                                                        CHEERS!
                                                                    BOB