Re: images on metal

From: Andrew Darlow (andy@andydarlow.com)
Date: 07/28/02-09:12:11 AM Z

>Hi:
>
>I got an offlist request for information about putting photographic images
>on metal. This is from a sculptor who wants to put images onto a flat
>bronze (or steel) surface.
>
>She is considering liquid light, I suggested silk-screening. I am
>wondering if anyone has tried anything else? She doesn't want to etch it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gord

Hi Gord:

There are a series of products that are made to be applied to any
surface and then fed through an inkjet printer. I haven't used them,
but an authority on these things named Dorothy Krause praises them
highly.

Of course, if the sculpter wants to use metal it must be thin, like
aluminum, but this might be the best way if she has access to a large
format Epson with pigmented inks, which can take 3mm wide substrates.

The web site is www.inkAID.com .

All the best!

Andrew Darlow

Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions
Andrew Darlow Images International - www.andrewdarlow.com
Author: Inkjet Tip of the Month Club (newsletter)