RE: Real photography

Jos.Jacobson@vodafone.nl
Date: 07/31/02-04:36:43 AM Z

Hi Robert,

I think you're right. I'm an oldie - >40 years _ in photography and just
finished the Kunstacademie in Hasselt (Belgium) though I live in Holland. It
was still a dream from my youth. Why Belgium? Because they have the old
fashioned way of teaching, from alt technics to digital photography. But
first of all... you learn to look, frame and expose. Taking snapshots is out
of the question! Ok, there are some students with a digital camera (Canon
D60) but they are still making real photo's and no snapshots. By the way,
using such a camera is only permitted from the third year. But then you've
had your basics.
So, this is my opinion.

Jos Jacobson.