Re: "Antiquarian Avant Garde" and Nostalgia and spleening my vent

William Linne wrote:

<.snip-age->
"Do we really need another wetplate of an
antique tea kettle on the porch of a log cabin?"

We don't, but the "market" seems to. I like the book, for better or worse it
shows the "current" trends in the alt-process arena. If "we" want to move the
process forward into the last century or (gasp!) the present century we must
continue this type of dialogue.

Don't just criticize...  create. Since getting this book last Friday, my mind
has been abuzz with ideas, images, and different methods to approach the
alt-print.  This tends to happen at the end of a LONG semester, but this time
is seems different. Thanks to books like this and C. James's book. I am very
happy to see a book of this type, even if to reassure myself I can do better.
... Where does find the scratch filter in Photoshop?

Off with our heads if we don't do justice by the processes. History waits for
no one.

-happy trails

Darryl Baird