Re: Rank Beginner....

> I recently signed on to this list.
>
> And you're all WAY over my head...I'm a simple b&w guy, some pinhole,
> etc.
> looking to expand my horizons.
>
> Where's the best source for a weekend overview of
> alt-photo-processes...kind
> of like alt-photo-process lab class 101?
>
> Thanks, Lou

I put together a list of good alt process web sites a while back on my
site at:
http://www.photography.about.com/cs/altprocesses/
which will give you some links to look at which give you a good idea of
the processes and the kind of work some people are doing with them.

I'd suggest you make a practical start with the cyanotype - and you will
find the details on how to do this in many places, including
http://www.photography.about.com/library/weekly/aa061801a.htm

If anyone else on the list would like to suggest sites I've not listed,
which either have useful instructional material or really fine examples of
alt process work, I'd be pleased to take a look at them and possibly add
them. I'm currently working on a piece on salted paper prints to go up  in
the next few days, which I think is another good starting point. It may
also include information on making large negatives or I may save that for
a later feature.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About          http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com