Re: nu arc mat

> > As a remedy I now use a piece of phenolic plastic of about 1/32"
> > thickness slightly larger than the print between the mat and the
> > print. This prevents the dimples and I still get more than sufficient
> > pressure from the vacuum.

If that's the same as the "phenolic plastic" I tried, I found that it was
very brittle and tended in time to curl, scratch, get surface dementia,
and otherwise be obnoxious. It was a great pleasure to smash it up when I
found the vinyl-- thick and sturdy, almost like a heavy lined leather.

> A sheet of 140 lb paper also serves the purpose very well.

You don't get halation from  exposing on white?  (Or maybe it's not
white?)

Judy