Re: Alt Photo Galleries in Chicago???

Yes.... at least one and a half.... in the area around 600 West Superior...
is a wonderful gallery called <A HREF="http://schneidergallerychicago.com/";>
SCHNEIDER GALLERY</A>... they are very nice (Martha Schneider is great) and
handle alt photo.... I usually get there for every new exhibit... while you
are at it, within a block you will also find Stephen Daiter Gallery (<A
HREF="http://www.bookandpaper.org/festivalofthebook2001/stephendaitergallery.h

tml">Center for Book and Paper Arts-Stephen Daiter G…</A>) which handles a
lot of 20th century black and white (a lot of what I call the "dead white
guys") and also <A HREF="http://www.edelmangallery.com/";>Catherine Edelman
Gallery</A> which handles many great contemporary photographers....  (be sure
to check out the back room).  Edelman mostly handles silver gelatin prints,
but they also handle Dick Arntz and a few that print alt photo.  You might
also try the Art Institute and join so you can sign up to view prints... also
The Museum of Contemporary Photography is just down the stree.  You are too
late for Art 2002 at Navy Pier...it was last week I believe, but they have
some good photography (a New York gallery is always there with some great
black and white) ...and some bad (giant color prints of vacuum cleaners)
heheheheh

That's all I can think of right now...

Hope this helps,
Mark Nelson