Re: To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca

> I've just started processing POP as a way of getting into alternative
> processing, the eventual goal is to be able to make daguerreotypes; my
> question- how long does the gold chloride/ammonium thiocyanate combo last
> once mixed? I see that the two individually last at least as long as the
> toner, but does the mixture decompose?

My experience is that it doesn't last.  You make up enough for that printing
session and then throw it away.  Also, you have to renew it by adding a
little more gold and ammonium thiocyanate after a few prints.  The paper I
got had directions for how to do this.

This is a problem for POP prints I think, as the gold toner is rather
expensive.

--shannon