Re: Paolo Roversi Show

I had no idea Polaroid was available in 8x10 size.  Is it comparable to Type
55? Could you tell me what its Type number is so I could pick some up?

Thx,
Christine

William Linne wrote:

> Sure. When you shoot polaroid 8x10, you have a negative and an envelope
> containing the positive. You place the negative in the film holder, shoot,
> and then "sandwich": the negative in envelope and run the whole thing
> through a processor. The processor is just a big set of rollers (like in a
> polaroid 4x5 holder) and a motor or a hand crank to pull it all through
> evenly. Generally, one would use a b&2 negative with a b&w positive, or a
> color neg with a color positive To obtain a sepia (actually, it can vary
> from sepia, to a pinkish brown) look, you just shoot a b&w neg, then
> sandwich with a color positive. Oh, and you have to overexpose the neg by 2
> stops. Of course, your mileage may vary, depending on the light,
> temperature, etc. It's a neat look, but is really starting to be overdone by
> commercial guys.
>
> William

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this
emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and
stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein