Re: Salt prints

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/03/02-04:15:53 PM Z

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Patricia Reed wrote:

> Yes, that is why I was curious why the book I have states that the
> prints are not permanent.

Patricia, If you had a nickel for every mistake in "a book," you
could skip silver & go directly to gold -- bullion.

I'll add that some of the most purely gorgeous prints I ever saw were in a
show at the Metropolitan Museum marked "salt prints," with no explanation
for why they were so much more glorious than other "salt prints" next to
them.

But "salt print" may be a very loose category... Don't all photographs use
salts of one kind or another?

Judy