Re: speaking of viruses...Re: blaks from lea

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 10/07/02-06:18:02 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Seigel" <jseigel@panix.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: speaking of viruses...Re: blaks from lea

> I just got a repeat of an email I sent to list maybe 5
months ago with
> subject line about cyanotype... It was small, but came in
at 73 K with an
> AUDIO attachment. Wasn't me.
>
> Judy
>
> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Richard Knoppow wrote:

  See the description of the Bugbear worm at the site I
posted. It spoofs e-mail. It will use parts of e-mail stored
in the infected machine to disguise the actual source. Very
nasty. It also installs a back door port allowing the
infected machine making it vulnerable to attacks on its file
system. The worm also allows a hostile machine to get at
anything attached to a network its on. Only one machine on a
network needs to be infected in order for the worm to
propagate throughout the network.
  Trend Microsystems (PC-cillin) and Norton anti-virus
programs are effective in stopping this worm but you must
have the latest virus pattern installed.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com