Re: Problem with cyanotype

From: Richard Urmonas (rurmonas@senet.com.au)
Date: 10/12/02-11:42:20 PM Z

On 2002.10.13 11:19 Liam Lawless wrote:

Liam,

> What do your chemicals look like - like they did when you bought them?
> And
> are they old; did they work OK before?

Chemicals are brand new (I have not done any ferric chemistry before).
just opened the bottle friday night

Ferric Ammonium Citrate: Crystals are a very dark green (looking very
briefly
under tungsten light). There are some lumps. The solution is a dark
green (like a
green olive oil), when spread of paper by itself it gives a medium
green.

Potassium Ferricyanide: Crystals are bright reddish orange. Solution
is a rich yellow colour.

> But if you're getting blue on mixing the solutions, I'd also say
> there's a
> good chance of contamination. Could either of your bottles have been
> less
> than perfectly clean?

The brown glass bottles are new, thoroughly washed. All tools are
plastic and washed then dried between uses.

Thank you for your help.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas