Re: BPFB-18 development

From: Hamish Stewart (hamish@gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: 10/14/02-04:37:13 PM Z

On 14/10/02 05:31, "Brian Casey" <brian.casey4@verizon.net> wrote:

> I have just purchased some Bergger BPFB-18 and would like to
> make some enlarged negatives
> for primarily paladium prints. The info that came with the film is
> rather sketchy. I use to make my negatives
> with the Agfa NP31 material but alas it is no more.
> If anyone has any experience with this material I would
> certainly appreciate any info they would
> share.
> Hopefully Brian Casey

Brian,

I have used BPFB-18 exclusively for making internegs - that said the
results are excellent and the choices in terms of developer depend on what
final results you want. I have used both HC-110 (dilution A) and Agfa Neutol
(about 1:20) with success, but my intention was to reduce contrast. If I was
seeking to increase contrast and density I would start exploring with Dektol
and perhaps D-19.

I have used both BPFB-18 and the discontinued BPFO-10 which I have found to
be the ideal films for Alt photo as they respond with great sensitivity to
developer dilution, temp and agitation. I note that Phillipe has suggested
Pyro. Perhaps the best approach would be to start with the same combo as you
did for the Agfa film and go from there. At least then you should be able to
peg the differences and work out the best approach for your working methods.

Good luck!

Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.
mailto:<hamish@gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>