Re: paper and film testing

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 10/15/02-11:59:51 AM Z

I meter primarily using the incident system. To calculate SBR I take
two readings, one in the shadows and another in the most brightly
lit area of the scene. I add the difference to five, which would be
the SBR for a scene in absolute flat lighting, to get the SBR. I
base the exposure on the shadow reading. Since the shadow reading by
itself will usually indicate overexposure of about one stop I
compensate by doubling the EFS of the film for the SBR in question.

I don't work with Zones unless using the Zone system, in which case I
apply the N+ and N- system.

Sandy King