Re: Wet Plate, Hot lights & Strobe

From: Ken Watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 10/22/02-03:59:25 PM Z

I have not, but another photographer I know used 24 strobes to get the
process to work. Natural light :3 seconds at f16 is where I start.

The problem with strobes is their short duration. How many times would you
need to flash to add up to 3 seconds worth of continuous exposure? Here is
where non strobe lighting makes things easier. Try and find something with
a lot of UV and blue. The process is blind to any color yellow or longer on
the EM scale.

When one, normally in the field, has no control over the sunlight, over
temperature, along with the aging of the chemistry I would be surprised if
anyone could always get good results with the first shot. As for being
expensive, for large format ( 5 X 7 or 8 X 10) it is a lot cheaper than
commercial gelatin products.

Ken