Re: scanners for film

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/28/02-08:09:47 PM Z

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 bi3@georgetown.edu wrote:
> The long and the short of all this is that for my purposes the cheaper
> machine seems to have the features I want unless in fact omitting
> mention of gray scale and Dmax means it is not appropriate for black and
> white prints and negatives. I'm don't know where to turn for the answer
> to this question which is why I approached the List.

Hi Suzanne,

I've generally had good luck getting that kind of "pre-sales" information
by phone. I lost track of which company makes the scanner you're
considering, but they almost certainly have a sales dept with 800 number.
In fact that info MIGHT be on a web site, but IME websites are too
disorganized to get answers unless you know them in advance. And they take
longer.

Judy