Venue Info

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 10/29/02-08:48:47 AM Z

DEAR LIST,
    Please forgive me if this is off topic but can you help me with the
following.
Here in Barbados we are forming an organization of fine art (as it were)
photographers. One of the services we want to organization to provide is to
disseminate information on opportunities to show work internationally. We
are aware of some of the shows but seem to hear about them too late from our
government cultural and local arts organization. (Politics and lagging
recognition of photography as a fine art)
***Is there a magazine/periodical, website, or list to which we can
subscribe?
    We are interested in finding out:
1) What venues show fine art photography.
2) Submission dates and conditions far enough ahead to make it possible for
us to get our acts together.
***We are aware of the following shows but need info on when they are held
and
when, what, and where to submit:
Venice Bi-enniale (sp?)
Sao Paolo Bi-enniale
Santo Domingo Bi-enniale
Cologne Photo show
Arles Photo show
***Of course we would love to find out about any other Bi-enniales or photo
shows as well.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
                    CHEERS FROM BARBADOS!
                            BOB