Re: reciprocity failure chart failure

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 10/31/02-10:48:49 AM Z

Tom wrote:

>For my own work with T-Max 400 and HP5 for alt I find Simmon's a
>little too much and the manufacturer's a little too little. I split
>the difference.

As I recall much of your work is in the studio. What type of lighting
are you using and are you working at the low end (1-4 seconds) of
reciprocity or at the high end (30+ seconds).

> Also remember that that extra 90 seconds sounds huge (your 200
>versus 290seconds example). But, it is really only a 1/2 stop
>difference.

Actually, since the effects of reciprocity increase exponentially and
not linearly with increasing time, the effective difference between
200 and 290 seconds is most likely much less than the nominal 1/2
stop difference which is suggested by the two different times,
perhaps no greater than 1/8 of a stop.

Sandy King