Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: Jeff Buck (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 09/02/02-03:05:28 PM Z

Who knows what "art critics of the future" will think? That's why we have
the future -- we don't know what it holds. A hundred and fifty years ago,
Henry Taylor was the knighted Poet Laureate of England and dead even with
Tennyson in public and critical regard. Heard of him? About the only
reason I have is that he was incredibly handsome and Cameron took his
portrait several times. Anyhow, who cares what the art critics of the
future will think? Is Henry Taylor crap because the critics of this era
think so? Why? Who are they? Finally, what future critics are we talking
about? Those of ten years from now? A hundred years from now? A
thousand? When? If five hundred, then why?