RE: Salted Paper

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 09/05/02-11:02:06 AM Z

Yes, my problem is different. I am getting a very heavy fog/stain
immediately, with exposure.
Before exposure the paper is very clean, after exposure there is a
pretty significant amount of stain in the highlights of the print
that does not wash out, and does not fix out. I am baffled because
the problem is happening with many different papers (Aches Aquarell,
Fabriano Artistico and Uno, Stonehenge, Crane, etc.) and with
several different salting formulas, all prepared with distilled
water. The 12% silver nitrate solution was prepared with distilled
water, from a stock that has worked perfectly with kallitype and
vandyke. And I have tried the silver nitrate with and without
citric acid.

Sandy