Re: acids

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 09/09/02-09:14:08 PM Z

It seems that from what everyone is saying, it would be best for me to
choose the formula that does not contain nitric; there are a number of
different formulae, and it wasn't that I was going to substitute nitric for
another acid in a formula willy nilly, but use the formula that contained
nitric instead of one that contained another type acid. Actually, with all
the formulae I have (they are bleach etch formulae) the ones that contain
nitric acid usually have copper sulfate in the formula, the ones that have
copper chloride in the formula have the more benign acids such as acetic and
citric.
     The nitric that Tri-Ess sells is 70%. It is interesting that UPS will
still ship it, it is not listed as hazardous nor does it have a hazard
charge. Oxalic acid does, for instance.
Chris