Re: Gum bichromate and photographing the nude, was Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: Kerik (Kerik@Kerik.com)
Date: 09/10/02-12:07:19 PM Z

Sandy,

No, I'm talking about Stuart's straight gum prints, not gum over
platinum (which he showed at the 2001 APIS). Gum over gum over gum over
gum.... about 12 times. Very smooth and sharp and detailed (with respect
to his lens-made images - much of Stuart's work is pinhole and zone
plate). He has arrived at his approach to gum after several years of
experimentation and determination.

Kerik