RE: Van Dyke Problem; scratches mystery solved

From: Shannon Stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 09/16/02-06:11:34 AM Z

>I had a similar measled appearance w/a foam brush
>application of cyanotype sol. recently on platine so I
>went back to tube coating which worked.

I had it on Arches platine with cyanotype too, even with the tube
coating, so I quit using Platine and went back to Crane's
Platinotype, and it went away.

Also, I found out what was causing the scratches on my negatives when
I washed them: the sides of the trays had burrs on them that were
really sharp! So I think I can sand those away and solve the
problem. Wonder why they didn't do that at the factory?

--shannon