smelly question

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 09/17/02-09:49:34 PM Z

Here's another chemistry query. OK, I"m doing mordancage with copper
chloride, acetic acid, and hydrogen peroxide. When I put the print in fix,
it stinks something horrible. Did we figure out a while back that it would
be hydrogen sulfide, or would the hydrogen peroxide have dissipated by then,
being that I washed the print for a while after developing, and therefore
the smell is resulting from some other combo? And, with photo chems (aside
from mercury and selenium, amidol and pyro perhaps, and dichromates) are
there chems that you all worry about *breathing*? I don't mind smell if
it's not toxic (e.g. sulfide toners).
Chris