Re: digital question (flaunt expertise, please...)

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 09/20/02-09:37:59 AM Z

Quite honestly, I do not know how to sneer.
When you turn a strip into a posterized step of 21 shades, though it 'looks'
good you MUST check each step. There is a difference if you made the ramp in
RGB or grayscale. Normally the RGB requires tweaking.
If you printed it on a transparent material such as a mylar or if you had
Pictorico . . the inks are most likely not put on it so as to print evenly.

I've achieved a 1/2-way decent ramp by using a high-res laser printer rather
than a CMYK printer which is what I assume you use.
What it seems you are getting is ink-jet varying density on a clear
substrate.
Jack