Re: mordancage, long

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 09/23/02-08:08:16 AM Z

Jon and Nate,
     There are times when I don't like the stain because it resembles fog.
There are times when the stain is really such a yellow ochre that it is
ugly. But actually, it was Cor who initially asked the stain question, how
to get rid of it, and so I just had to find out...When I first started doing
the process my staining was really bad.
    Nate, I have tried the lower dilution vs. higher dilution of developer
and that has not done anything.
    I think you can exploit any quality of mordancage by matching content to
process. Another one I find fascinating is when you don't fix, and the
image silvers out and darkens. That metallic look has possibilities with
many images, but I can't say I prefer it with flesh. Hey, I'll scan a
couple of my images from the weekend and send offlist.
Chris