RE: Successful Gum Print

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 04/06/03-09:42:39 AM Z

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Buffaloe [mailto:EdBuffaloe@UnblinkingEye.Com]
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 6:58 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Successful Gum Print

I appreciate everyone's help a month or so ago when I was first trying my
hand at gum printing. Yesterday I made my first successful gum print, which
can be viewed at
http://unblinkingeye.com/AAPG/Galleries/Buffaloe/EB011/eb011.html. I did a
clear coat of gum first, so I guess it can't really be called a single-coat
gum, but the pigment coat consisted of 5 ml of gum pigment mixture (8%
powdered lampblack in gum arabic) and 3 ml of 24% ammonium dichromate.
Exposure time was 3 minutes under a bank of UV tubes. Thanks for all the
encouragement.