RE: another Cyanotype Question

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 04/06/03-09:52:37 AM Z

Hi:

You could try toning your cyanotypes.

I remember sommone saying they were able to tone their cyanotypes and
ended up having something that looked very much like van-dyke.

Gord

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Rauch, Shelley wrote:

> Success! Well, mostly! :)
>
> Again, I used the Reives BFK. Had some minor problems with my sponge-type brush disingtigrating on the last application, which showed up very clearly in the final print.
>
> But everything turned out this time. I still didn't see the beautiful contrast range in the images I viewed online. What I produced were a bit more stark in appearance. I think we may be using the traditional cyanotype- this I intend to find out this week.
>
> Its an interesting process, but I'm not sure how I feel about 'all that blue'. I'm thinking about trying the VanDyke process next.
>
> Oh, yeah: It's definately much, much easier doing this on a sunny day! Thank you all for your suggestions and advice, once again.
>
> Cheers,
> Shelley

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2