Re: Film Speed and Negative Development

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 04/08/03-07:43:14 PM Z

Hi Liam,

> Do we know for sure that Arista Pro 125 is FP4+, or is this merely an
> assumption? Is sensitometric/spectral sensitivity data available for it;
> might its ISO rating relate to a particular light source? If it's
something
> other than FP4+, maybe it's orthochromatic or even only blue-sensitive, in
> which case it can only make use of a proportion of the metered light in
most
> picture-taking situations.
>
> Liam

No, I am not sure that it is FP4+. Freesytle's literature states that it is
"made by one of the world's foremost manufacturers in England"; of which I
know only one - Ilford. All the processing information I have found (from
Anchell, Troop, the Digitaltruth website, ect...) states that Arista is
commonly assumed to be repackaged Ilford films and that the development
times/dilutions are the same as the Ilford version. I could not find any
published curves or other data on any Arista Films. The idea that it might
be limited in its spectral sensitivity is very interesting and worth looking
into though I do not have the knowledge or equipment to make a scientific
test of that magnitude.

Scott
smwbmp@starpower.net